06 March 2012

top of the armoire

i recently painted my armoire white. i know, surprise!  i liked it, but thought it was missing something.  so i threw a large woven basket on top.  boring, but it seemed better than nothing. then, i went downtown last week to a few shops.  at a booth filled with industrial, architectural goodness i was totally inspired.



so i came home, headed to my stash in the basement (don't tell me you don't have a stash!) and pulled a few things.  tossed them on top of the armoire and fell in love.


i am still so in love with the mix of steel, concrete, aged wood, and galvanized.   at times, these items are scattered in different areas of my house.  but they live together on top of the armoire...for now.

joining white wednesday at faded charm again this week.  big hello to those that came over from there.  please leave me a comment and say hello!

4 comments:

chateau chic said...

I love the mix of industrial and wood on top of your armoire. Really looks good!
Mary Alice

Stephanie said...

I love how you pulled things together to make a nice display. I too have a "stash" in my basement. My husband says it reminds him of the prop room at Universal Studios.

Revi said...

You were right - I LOVE all your items, and I love them TOGETHER! They look great on your armoire.
Now following,
-Revi

Anonymous said...

You must share where you thrift at with us!
You are so talented!
JoLynn Hobbs

thanks for visiting

for your listening pleasure


site meter